Early years child development training
Department for Education launches Early years child development training
The Department for Education has launched a free online Early years child development training course aimed at childminders, nursery practitioners and nursery managers.
The flexible online training has been developed in consultation with early years experts and provides a greater understanding of child development.
● gives practical advice for supporting children in early years settings
● includes opportunities to reflect on your practice
● reinforces your understanding through learning check questions and tests
● allows you to pause and restart the training at any time
● offers the chance to download certificates of achievement for each module
The first 4 modules of the training are available now. Further modules will be added throughout 2023.
Help for early years providers
Guidance for people who work in early years, from the Department for Education.